Wednesday, January 21, 2009

So Where Have You Been?

You know that you've been dead and forgotten in the blogworld when even the friendly spammers stop disturbing your shoutbox. I took one look at my neglected shoutbox and decided that it was high time that I made my appearance again..

So where was I all these days... a new year has come in, so has a new US President, a movie with something Indian about it has received a lot of attention in the west, and yes, we now have our very own 9/11 - atleast that's what all our enlightened media say, and Pranab Mukherjee seems to think it's of the same magnitude. So where was I these past couple of months...

I was very much here....December was very slow..There wasn't any real Christmas spirit here in the Trivandrum air..but then you never find anything apart from smoke in the air..even after the Health Minister so publicly banned smoking..I took a long break from work...the whole week before and during Christmas...realized a bit too late that it was perhaps too long a break..was quite bored at home. The only person who was excited all the time was Daya..she was quite dumbstruck by all the stars that she saw at home and ofcourse, wherever we went...

Back in Trivandrum after Christmas, my health started going downhill...there was this fever that would hit me every evening..My wife pushed me to the hospital that last weekend of 2008. A flurry of expensive blood tests later, the doctor stated that I had Dengue fever...sounded damn serious..very serious..so much so that when I called up the office and said that the doctor had advised a week's bedrest, I was given the option of a couple of weeks. Sounded too good to be true. But I recovered in a week's time..but yes, New Year's eve was lousy...had to do with rice gruel (kanji!!!) instead of a peg of Remy Martin or Absolut.

So that's what was keepin me away all these days. I know it doesn't sound like much but then, we don't need too much of an excuse for not doing something. Will be more regular...Atleast once a week here on...that's a new New Year Resolution. There was one other resolution that I had decided on last year - that was to hit the gym first thing this year..but then the first thing I hit was the bed. So much for a healthy start to the year. Hope the year gets better off as the days go by :-)

6 comments:

claytonia vices said...

Nice to see you back! :)

Keep posting!!

I think doing things like fitness regimes become more successful if we have a 'support group'. It gets more motivating!

3inone said...

Glad you've recovered from the dengue. And it was nice meeting you and mac. Was in too much of a hurry that day to catch up properly.

Anonymous said...

Dengue and Christmas and New Year don't go very well eh? You take leave for the vacations and then you take leave again for the sickness :-|
I can understand how you felt coz I was stuck up with viral conjunctivitis for four weeks during the holiday season.
Good your boss didn't blow his top off ;-)

Everyman said...

@Vikki - I know how you feel..i'm glad to see me back as well :-D

A support group????????? Errmm...

@3inone - yes..it was too short a meeting...come to think of it, I dint get to see the bride and groom at the reception either :-D

@Mattiz - My boss was quite considerate actually!! But then,if I'd gone back to work and gone from bad to worse, then I would have ended up taking 2-3 weeks off :-D

Anonymous said...

Hale, Hearty & Back !!! We missed ya!!

The Penny Lane said...

Oh yes you were That inactive that I didnt even have you listed on my blog list which keeps tabs of all my blogfriends updates...hee hee Welcome back and good riddance to dengue! :)