Wednesday, July 19, 2006

BLOCK THIS!

Two days back, I was desperately trying to access my blog. Of course I wanted to see if the number of comments had gone up by atleast one. Of course, I was sadly wrong -it hadnt- but that is another story. But the page just wouldn't load..my generally obliging computer kept taking eons to take me to the page, u know that blue bar which shows you the page is about to come, and is usually like a blue flash, was worming along like a blue slug. And then it said, page not displayed..or some such unintelligible IT mumbo-jumbo..and i thought it was a problem with just my blog. But then, I realised that other blogspot blogs were blocked as well..I was aghast!

HAD OUR EVER VIGILANT AND CONSCIENTIOUS AND UPRIGHT NETWORK GUYS FINALLY GOTTEN AROUND TO BLOCKING BLOGSPOT AS WELL???????

That would have been fatal to my existence. I didnt want to believe that. So i tried accessing my blog through my dashboard. Surprise surprise! That worked! Accessing my dashboard that is. The blog still didnt display..

The next day at a browsing centre, and I still couldnt access my blog. I realised that other bloggers were facing the same problem.Then I did the brightest thing I could think of. I googled for " Blogspot blocked" ?And got around 700 results..turns out the Indian government has got all hyper after the bomb blasts and has turned up with this revolutionary idea of blocking blogs and thus block all terrorist activity..now isn't that the brightest thing the dodo's calling themselves the Government of India could think of. Or may be it wasnt the Govt of India, but it certainly was one of those Dodo's there...Well, Dodo , your idea is as timely as your species is. IT DOESNT WORK!!!!

Anyone who has a problem accessing their blogspot blogs can try pkblogs.com

And this is what I have to say to those who want to block blogs in the name of trying to check terrorist and other anti-national motives : Guys, your hearts are in the right place..but your brains seem to have taken a ride down the drain..quite literally!

TRY BLOCKING THIS!

pkblogs.com

18 comments:

Macabreday said...

guess the govt wants to show it is doing something, but sadly it has done the wrong thing. i really wonder how many more terrorist attacks we can prevent because we have blocked some blogs. come on guys..get a life....!!

Everyman said...

It's back to normal man..i am now able to access blogspot again..guess they got scared of my article.

And how CAN they get a life anymore? Most of them are in their 80's already!!! LOL!!

Arjun said...

Try shysurfer.com if you encounter the same problem again. It lets you browse all blocked sites! That's fun, isn't it? There was quite a buzz about it in office the other day. Particularly since Blogger happens to be one of our products.

Your snaps look cool, btw. Was thinking of having the Flickr thingy in my blog as well; decided, finally, against it! :(

Nandhu said...

it cant be that hard to block pkblogs man

Everyman said...

@couchpotato - Shysurfer? That's an interesting name..for browsing blocked sites..no wonder he is shy! Why did u decide against flickr??publicity shy?

@Phoenix - they might block pkblogs buddy, but then something else will come up..how many will they block???

claytonia vices said...

HUH, they will never stop us!!

Next they will suggest everyone leave the country as a precautionary measure to prevent crime...

Grey Shades said...

I think its back to normal again now! I can access my blog from the office atleast! Say, Rapz spoke to you about the trip right? Can you talk to Helgie and convince her? And whats the scene on Aparna's front?

Sumo said...

Hmm....guess this comment comes a bit late in the day.....so I will just say hi!!! [:D]

Nandhu said...

if u can block blogs, u can ban the internet someday.
suppose LeT attacks Parliament and knocks off the PM?

Sumo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sumo said...

BTW, did u kno....Riaan's blog has reopened!!! Find him at http://riaanrodrigues.blogspot.com

Sumo said...

and they have blocked blogspot once again!!!

Everyman said...

no they havent!

The Sullen Comic said...

Are you able to access it from work NOW???.. i am able to

Nyway wassup?

Arjun said...

Not publicty shy or anything... just don't have the patience to upload all of my snaps! :(

Dex said...

hey. c'mon waiting for a new post.

The Sullen Comic said...

WHERE ARE YOU???

... said...

wow!

this is just plain insane? i didn't even know this happened! what happened to India being a democracy?!

and your princess demands a new post! :P