Monday, January 21, 2008

The months that were...

I dont want to give the impression that married life has kept me busy. Frankly though, life has become a bit..what do i say..fuller now? Work has become very busy...and my office having blocked access to blogger hasnt helped things one bit. I can access blogspot and read blogs, but I can not access blogger and neither can I comment on other blogs. Wordpress and typepad arent yet blocked and I did consider changing my blog from here to there, but for the time being I will stick to blogger.

There has been a lot happening that I dont know where to start in terms of an update:

1) Bought a new bike...the Bajaj XCD. I bought it because I decided to play badminton. Yes, I know it sounds a little hard to believe, but it's partly true..I did toy with the idea of buying a more expensive bike like the rugged looking Apache..but I already had a very expensive bike in the form of my old RX 100. It's been drilling holes in all my pockets for some years now. With my new bike promising to give me around 65-70 kms per litre, I am looking forward to patching some of those holes.

2) Got a mosquito net fixed up over my bed..my home is the mosquitos' Heathrow Airport. Such a lot of them take off and land every couple of minutes that I had to take this extreme step. My landlady told my wife that the net had to be tucked in with the bed..that was ok..but then once you tuck it in, it's a little tricky getting in yourself :-) And when you finally do manage getting in, you might find that you have brought a couple of those little blood suckers along with you. And then you got to get them out. And, AND..if at all your body happens to touch the net, then rest assured, the mosquitos will get in touch with you..literally..

3) Christmas and new years were relatively quiet affairs spent at home..could nt really have a blast like in the days of old..I tried my hand in making a ramshackle crib for Christmas. We didnt have enough pieces (the kings, shepherds etc) to fill the crib and so mom decided to plant a toy brontosaurus there as well..It did distract visitors from my sorry excuse of a crib...

So that's a little of what happened over the past couple of months..I really should be posting more, atleast once a week..but it's becoming more and more of a challenge as days go by..

And..uh..did I say that I'm gonna be a dad in August? No? Aah well...I'll leave that for the next post I suppose :-)

Ciao people..take care..and do drop in a line...

Shain

8 comments:

Riaan Roving said...

woaah !! a dad !! congrats ...so now the world will have everybaby too huh?? :D

3inone said...

hmmmm... well, now i'm looking forward to the next post shain!!!
congrats to the two of you:)

The Penny Lane said...

Happy for you!
Glad life's changed so much for you. A kid is life in your hands....I am sure it's goin to be a struggle but very fulfilling indeed :)

Sumo said...

Hmm...getting into and sleeping peacefully on ur bed seems to be a Herculean task...hats off to Mrs. V for putting up with that!

Dad, huh? Wow...I mean, WOW!!! U kno, I may sound like a girl, but I wanna see pics of everybaby when he/she pops out! U see, thats the only time I can see babies without having them start howling at the sight of my face! :-)

And wat was that, a Brontosaurus???? Erm...Christmas in the Jurassic age?????? ;-)

Everyman said...

@Riaan - "woah!!" was almost my reaction too..:-D..yup..everybaby shd be coming soon ..*sigh*

@3inone - i sure hope i can post that one soon...this one took a month in coming..:-)

@Pennylane - good to see u again..right now..it's my wife who's doin the struggling..am not eager to await my turn :-D

@sumo - looks like u are the only one who read more than the last few lines :-D

will take a lotta snaps..i pwomise!

and the brontosaurus wasnt my idea u know..it was mom's..but i think in the US, they actually put dolls of elvis and other stars!!!

Nandhu said...

hey,

great to see ur post. so ur life is full now is it?

how are things otherwise? keep writing dude. u were doing such a good job of it.

Macabreday said...

where is the next post?? lol..i actually saw this just today... thouht u had abandoned ur blog :)

APUGONNAB said...

Hey there..Its a bit like the Nerolac ad (if i may say so) "Naya ghar.. nayi building.. nayi dulhan..".. naya baap!!! :-D

Congrats again Shain..

back at blogging, atleast for the time being.. its at alphabetacharlie.blogspot.com

Yes, I read the part where you cant comment.. I can make do with that, no problemo.. :-)