Saturday, April 14, 2007

Out on Parole

I have been granted parole. Am leaving Saudi Arabia tomorrow. Hope (not really..'have' is more like it) to be back by the end of the month. I will be in Dubai for three days. Looking forward to meeting my brothers and their families..esp the kids..not that they would jump up and hug me mind you, but I havent seen my niece Leah at all, and as for my nephew Aaron, the last time I'd seen him, I had to keep following him around the house for fear that he would come to some harm. I hear that he's a regular brat now! Three days in Dubai followed by Kerala..home to mom and dad..I look forward to that too, except for the possibility of impending 'match fixing' (pun quite unintended there).

Work here is quite a mess, and I dont really like how things are shaping up over here at work. Dont have a team mate to back me up in my absence, and the only person in my team who's here right now is tooooooo senior to do my kind of work. So I am not looking forward to hearing about how things are shaping up here while I am away.

It would be nice to see some color for a change though. Something other than black :-)

Take care all of you..I leave tomorrow, the 15th..and back in Riyadh by the 30th..i think.

Shain

13 comments:

Riaan Roving said...

so u r leavin the wilderness for the land of flowing milk n honey huh??.....have a safe journey !!!

Macabreday said...

haa everyman...u deserve it :) have a great trip..and i hope u get to log in frm there...
and hey...good luck with all the wedding proposals and stuff.... write abt it...heee :-)

Dex said...

Hey coooool! Any chance of dropping by Bangalore while you are at it??

Sumo said...

Welcome back to India!!!

Well, at least for the short time u will b here!!!

Everyman said...

"Riaan - Land of milk and honey???yea right! Land of crude oil is more like it!

@Div-hold your horses budy!!I'm hopin NONE of that takes place

@JJ- no chnace buddy..dont hv time..i'll be lukcy if i get 5 days at home

@Sumo- short is an understatement

Riaan Roving said...

err...i was talkin abt Kerala !!

The Penny Lane said...

There's no place like home :)
It's bittersweet actually...I think we actually never leave home.

Have a blast!

3inone said...

See you in Kerala Shain!

Nandhu said...

actually, jimmy come to chennai. and shainu, come to chennai for a day da. we will all have one good get together. i cant take leave, and anyway it's jimmy's turn to be here.

Me said...

Hey, have a fantastic time in Dubai and kerala!!!
Hope you have fun during the 'match fixing'

... said...

hey

welcome back :)

i am back in blog world too - have a dekho :)

Me said...

Hey, I think you shouldn't be allowed to travel if you are going to leave us without posts like this.

Grey Shades said...

Lollll!!!! Well hope you had a good trip back home and in Dubai. Hows you been? Been such a long time...