Monday, March 05, 2012

Time hurries on...and the leaves that were green...turn to brown

I turned 33 recently. There’s something about that number. It’s like you are going further and further away from the memory of a milestone that you have been long clinging on to, your fingernails digging in deep lest you be yanked and hurled away like those unimportant extras that get caught in tornadoes in Hollywood movies. I passed that milestone of 25 eight years back. I don’t remember how I felt back then, but it must have been great. Last week though, when I turned 33, I didn’t feel the same way. 25 was elation, over having reached the prime of my bachelor life – earning, single, not a worry (lack of attractive female company notwithstanding). 33 is not exactly a sad time comparatively…I have just about having completed the next stage of evolution – that of a middle class married man with house, and housing loan to boot.

I am not complaining though. Every age, every year has its shares of joys and grief. Although I would be a little more hard pressed if you were to ask me to quickly jot down 10 joys..could have done that when I was 25 without a thought.

Coming back to my birthday though, my whole day went by without too many people calling me up to wish me..Family yes..3-4 friends yes..else, my whole day went by just like any other..A small part of me wished that I would have got a few more calls..would have been nice to catch up at least :-)

And then, just a couple of days back, I logged on to Facebook, and I saw birthday wishes from close to 50 people.

Life’s ok then I guess..on the bright side, I would never have gotten 60 people wishing me on my birthday if it were not for Facebook..Somebody ought to beatify Zuckerberg (hope I got his spelling right).

Great to be blogging again..yet again..
Shain

3 comments:

CuppajavaMattiz said...

Shain, Great to see you blogging again. Am watching this space. :-D

3inone said...

Here's a late but heartfelt wish - Happy Birthday, Shain! Nice post. I wish I remember what I felt like at 33!

Prem said...
This comment has been removed by the author.